Monday, January 3, 2011

New year, New project...

I am currently reading through the New Testament, and while doing so have gotten a couple of big ideas. I tend to give more credence to ideas that pop up while reading the Bible or praying, especially ideas that seem especially uncharacteristic of my own thinking. And that is why I am going ahead with the 'Local Charity Art Auction at the Grand Ledge Opera House' idea.


I have no experience with gathering donations or organizing charity auctions, but hey... why not! Sounds like fun!! (and a bit intimidating, but we'll ignore that part for now) So, it begins!!

Here is the general premise, I went to bed a couple weeks ago all excited about getting rid of all my stuff and selling it off to charity. Total Luke 12:33. I went to bed dreaming of all the things I can sell, and than woke up realizing I don't have a stinking clue how to do it! So, fast forward a couple weeks and I was reading and this full blown idea popped into my head. A Local Charity Art Auction at the Grand Ledge Opera House with proceeds going to a local food bank. It should be a good time, getting to know all the local artists and getting affiliated with the local charity community. A night at the opera house surrounded by cool people and art from local artists doesn't sound half bad... So, now I just have to figure out how.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. Love the idea.
    I also love how the bible is guiding you to do what you are called to do in life and to use your amazing talents.
    I kind of got some ideas how I need to use my talents to serve like the Lord while I was praying one day, and it had nothing to do with what I was praying about. I'll have to send you an email and tell you all about it.
    I sure do love you Danielle. ~Kara

    ReplyDelete