Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I fell for a computer scam!! -Security Tool


It was totally legit-looking! It used all the same icons as windows vista (and even hijacked a couple), and then took over my computer. Do not fall for Security Tool!!!
It tells you your computer is infected... do not believe it!
I totally believed it. It would not let any programs operate besides the internet, and I had to wipe the slate clean. I used the recovery disk... luckily it would let me drag and drop files onto my camera, so I did not lose any pictures, this time. All the websites told me to stop the virus' operation using task manager, but the virus always killed the task manager first.

3 comments:

  1. OOOOHHHH!!! I had this... you should have just recovered to your last "backup point". I just had to lose things from a couple months prior. That pretty much amounted to nothing so I had no problem with that.

    It is a tricky one, this virus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so scary! I did something like that once....Dan caught it in time!........c.

    ReplyDelete